A Foundation for Cultural Transformation
ABOUT THE POSITIVE CULTURE FRAMEWORK
The Positive Culture Framework is an approach based on our research about improving health and safety in communities and organizations. The Framework builds on shared values and beliefs that already exist in a culture to improve health and safety. It addresses key skills (the how), steps in a process (the what), and the context for doing the work (the where). Learn more about our Framework here.
August 2022 VIRTUAL TRAINING
Our 3-day (six, 2-hr sessions over three days) Positive Culture Framework Training provides a foundation for efforts to improve health and safety that address a wide variety of complex social issues. Training attendees will:
- Learn how Culture Influences Behavior
- Develop and refine skills in three critical areas: leadership, communication, and the integration of effective strategies
- Gain specific next steps for transforming culture to improve health and safety
- The Positive Culture Framework Training is an excellent opportunity to engage with others across the country and move toward cultivating a culture that supports and sustains health and safety.
What Makes this Training Unique?
The Positive Culture Framework Training is an excellent opportunity to engage with others across the country and move toward cultivating a culture that supports and sustains health and safety. This virtual training will provide multiple opportunities for engagement including large discussions, small group breakout sessions, and polling. The step-by-step handouts, interactive training sessions, and small group activities provide attendees with an informative, engaging experience.
Who Should Attend?
The Training is designed for anyone working to improve health and safety such as (but not limited to) traffic safety professionals, substance use disorder prevention professionals, prevention specialists, violence prevention advocates, coalition members, government personnel, educators, and law enforcement officers.
This 3-day training will consist of six, 2-hr virtual sessions (2 per day). Participants are expected to be at their own computers with audio access. Webcams are encouraged during group activities.
View or download the agenda here
- Registration closes July 25, 2022, or until the training has reached capacity
- Last day to cancel and receive a refund (less a $25 admin fee) July 25, 2022 at 11:59PM (MDT)
- Final due date for registration fees is July 25, 2022 at 5:00PM (MDT)
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
All attendees receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the Training at no additional cost. For those seeking additional recognition for their time in the Training other than a Certificate of Completion, the following continuing education credits will be offered at our Training:
Non-specific Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Attendees can earn non-specific CEUs from Montana State University’s Office of Continuing, Professional, and Lifelong Learning. CEUs are used to meet professional development requirements for professionals in careers such as engineering, childcare, medicine, and counseling. CEUs cost an additional $25.00 per person.
Continuing Education Credit Hours (CECH) in Health Education
The Center for Health and Safety Culture is a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 12 total Category I continuing education hours.
REGISTRATION & PRICING
- The registration fee of $500/person ($550 for international participants) includes all training sessions for 3 days as well as:
- Positive Culture Framework manual
- Daily handouts
- Certificate of Completion
- 12.0 Category I CHES continuing education hours
- Optional: 1.2 CEUs (additional $25.00) – a link to register and provide payment for these hours will be provided after registration
- The registration fee includes a $25.00, non-refundable administrative fee.
- Registration closes July 25, 2022 or when the training has reached capacity
- Last day to cancel and receive a refund (less a $25 admin fee) is July 25, 2022 at 11:59PM (MST)
- Final due date for registration fees is July 25, 2022
- Cancellations that fall after the deadline will receive no refund
To cancel your registration, please contact Autumn Gilleard - email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who are the trainers? Katie Dively will be the trainer for the 2022 virtual PCF Training. Katie is a Research Scientist II and Senior Trainer at the Center for Health and Safety Culture. Learn more about Katie here!
- What materials should I have ready for the training? Upon registration, you will be shipped a Positive Culture Framework Training manual and session handouts.
- How many people will be in the training? To ensure high levels of engagement, we’ve reduced our typical training size to a maximum of 30 participants.
- What technology will be used for this training? We will be using WebEx Meetings for our virtual Positive Culture Framework Training. This platform allows us to engage participants with large group discussions, interactive polling, and small group breakout sessions. An optional pre-training tech session will be offered to help participants navigate WebEx Meetings.
- I registered for the training but did not receive a confirmation email. What do I do? Please contact Autumn Gilleard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- What is the difference between CEUs and CECH? CEUs are used to meet professional development requirements for participants in careers such as engineering, childcare, medicine, and counseling. CECH are continuing education credits for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES/MCHES). CECH are provided by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC). Please note: all participants will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the training at no additional cost. The Certificate of Completion is different than CEUs and CECH.
- I am interested in other services you offer. How do I request a service (e.g., guide service)? Please complete a service request on our website here or email us directly at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in our services!