The first Center for Health and Safety Culture Symposium on June 20-22, 2018 in Bozeman, Montana
The Center for Health and Safety Culture (CHSC) is committed to working with communities to transform culture so that healthy and safe behaviors are sustainable. To be effective using culture as a basis for promoting health and safety across multiple domains, health and safety practitioners and advocates need to be aware of current research and best practices in transforming culture. Recognizing this need, the Center for Health and Safety Culture is initiating an annual symposium intended to support the evolution of science and practice in creating a positive culture to sustain safe and healthy choices.
Rather than choosing a traditional conference format where speakers and experts share information with attendees, the 2018 CHSC symposium is designed in a way that allows attendees to have the opportunity to engage in group discussion, listen to presentations in multiple formats, and create knowledge together. Although there are many unique definitions of a symposium, they all include gaining knowledge through interaction, conversation, and partnerships.
- Share best practice in methods of cultural transformation.
- Understand the latest science about the relationship of culture with health and safety.
- Explore how positive culture improves health and safety.
- Foster new partnerships, knowledge, and insights.
Who Should Attend
Anyone working at the community, state, tribal, and federal level to address health and safety, including:
- practitioners who seek to transform culture to promote health & safety
- substance abuse specialists
- public health professionals
- coalition members
- traffic safety professionals
- workplace safety professionals
- violence preventions professionals
- early childhood education specialists
- city and county health and safety professionals
- tribal health professionals
- counselors, teachers, school administrators
- elected officials
- law enforcement
- academics who research the role of culture in health and safety
- stakeholders responsible for health & safety in communities
Day One – June 20, 2018 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Day Two – June 21, 2018 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Day Three – June 22, 2018 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
122 West Main St.
Bozeman, MT 59715
102 West Main St.
Bozeman, MT 59715
Travel & Local Attractions
Bozeman, Montana is a picturesque, western town nestled between four mountain ranges and located 90 miles north of Yellowstone National Park. A paradise for all, Bozeman boasts easy access to world-class fishing, hiking, rafting, dining, and much more. The town offers a charming downtown area with a surprisingly vibrant cultural scene. Bozeman is a one-stop experience for our 2018 Symposium attendees. Visit http://bozemancvb.com/ to discover more on what Bozeman has to offer.
Registration Features & Pricing
The 2018 Symposium registration fee includes the following:
- Attendee welcome package
- Morning snacks for three days
- Afternoon snacks for two days
- All-day beverages for three days
- Lunch provided on days one & two
- Materials for three days
General Registration: $675
We are happy to announce that the 2018 Symposium qualifies for non-specific continuing education credits that are available for an additional $25.